News Arena

Home

T20 World Cup

Nation

States

International

Politics

Defence & Security

Opinion

Economy

Sports

Entertainment

Trending:

Home
/

12-killed-in-israeli-strikes-in-lebanon

International

12 killed in Israeli strikes in Lebanon

Israel said it had hit ‘command centres’ of the Lebanese militant group Hezbollah in Bekaa Valley, but there was no immediate statement from Hezbollah

News Arena Network - Beirut - UPDATED: February 21, 2026, 04:32 PM - 2 min read

thumbnail image

Local television footage from the scene of one of the strikes in Bekaa showed the targeted site appeared to be an apartment building.


At least 12 people were killed and 24 wounded, including three children, in Israeli strikes in Lebanon's eastern Bekaa Valley Friday, the Lebanese Health Ministry reported. Another two people were killed by an Israeli strike on a Palestinian refugee camp earlier in the day.

 

Israel said it had hit “command centres” of the Lebanese militant group Hezbollah in Bekaa Valley. There was no immediate statement from Hezbollah. Local television footage from the scene of one of the strikes in the Bekaa showed the targeted site appeared to be an apartment building, and emergency crews were fighting a fire and searching in the rubble for survivors.

 

Earlier on Friday, another Israeli strike had hit a Palestinian refugee camp in the port city of Sidon, killing two people. The Israeli military said it hit a “Hamas command centre” in the Ein el-Hilweh camp. Hamas acknowledged that two of its members had been killed in the strike but called the claim that a command center was struck a “flimsy pretext”. It said the targeted building belonged to a joint security force made up of various Palestinian factions that is tasked with maintaining security in the camp.

 

After the October 7, 2023, Hamas-led attack on Israel-triggered war in Gaza, Hezbollah began firing rockets from Lebanon into Israel in support of Hamas and the Palestinians. Israel responded with airstrikes and shelling. The low-level conflict escalated into full-scale war in September 2024, later reined in but not fully stopped by a US-brokered ceasefire two months later.

 

Since then, Israel has accused Hezbollah of trying to rebuild and has carried out near-daily strikes in Lebanon that it says target Hezbollah militants and facilities. Hezbollah has claimed one strike against Israel since the ceasefire. The death toll from Friday's strikes was unusually high and comes at a moment of intensified tensions in the region as the United States has threatened to strike Iran, a backer of both Hezbollah and Hamas, if negotiations over Tehran's nuclear program fail to produce a deal.

 

During last year's Israel-Iran war, Hezbollah remained on the sidelines, but many in Lebanon fear that the country will be pulled in should another war break out.

 

Also read: Palestinian American killed by Israeli settlers

TOP CATEGORIES

  • Nation

QUICK LINKS

About us Rss FeedSitemapPrivacy PolicyTerms & Condition
logo

2026 News Arena India Pvt Ltd | All rights reserved | The Ideaz Factory