News Arena

Home

T20 World Cup

Nation

States

International

Politics

Defence & Security

Opinion

Economy

Sports

Entertainment

Trending:

Home
/

b-desh-coach-rips-into-nazrul-for-t20-world-cup-fiasco

Sports

B’desh coach rips into Nazrul for T20 World Cup fiasco

Bangladesh assistant coach Mohammad Salahuddin said the former sports adviser misrepresented facts and shifted his stance regarding the national team’s participation in the ongoing ICC showpiece

News Arena Network - Dhaka - UPDATED: February 21, 2026, 09:26 PM - 2 min read

thumbnail image

Bangladesh assistant coach Mohammad Salahuddin.


Bangladesh assistant coach Mohammad Salahuddin has hit out at l,former sports adviser Asif Nazru alleging that he misrepresented facts and shifted his position regarding the national team’s participation in the ongoing T20 World Cup.

 

Salahuddin said it was extremely difficult for the players to come to terms with their exclusion from the tournament, claiming that two members of the squad were left mentally shattered. Nazrul, who served under Bangladesh's former interim leader Muhammad Yunus, had initially maintained that the decision not to travel to India due to security concerns was taken by the government.

 

However, shortly before stepping down from his post, he stated that the call had been made by the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) and the players. “He told such blatant lies,” Salahuddin told reporters.

 

“I am a teacher myself, and teachers generally lie a bit less. That he would say such lies so openly, I honestly can’t even imagine it. How will I even show my face in front of the boys? He took such a U-turn,” said Salahuddin, suggesting that the players had no role in the decision-making process.

 

“He is a teacher at Dhaka University. A person from the highest educational institution of my country saying such lies, we can’t accept this. How can we accept this? He said one thing earlier and later took a U-turn,” he said. Bangladesh were replaced by Scotland in the tournament after they refused to travel to India for their games.

 

The BCB had proposed relocating Bangladesh's matches in India to co-hosts Sri Lanka, but the ICC rejected the request and opted to replace the team instead. Salahuddin said the players were devastated to know about the T20 World Cup exclusion.

 

“Look, when a boy goes to play in a World Cup, he carries his dream, his 27-year-old dream with him. You destroy that dream in one second,” said Salahuddin.

 

“For the sake of the country, I’m also ready to sacrifice many things, and the boys are ready too. But did I put my hand on a boy’s head and say, ‘Son, you couldn’t play because of this?’ If things had been communicated properly, I think many things could have been accepted,” he added.

 

Also read: BCB chief to attend Indo-Pak tie, hopes for a thaw with BCCI

TOP CATEGORIES

  • Nation

QUICK LINKS

About us Rss FeedSitemapPrivacy PolicyTerms & Condition
logo

2026 News Arena India Pvt Ltd | All rights reserved | The Ideaz Factory