News Arena

Home

T20 World Cup

Nation

States

International

Politics

Defence & Security

Opinion

Economy

Sports

Entertainment

Trending:

Home
/

532-naxals-killed-since-jan-2024-in-chhattisgarh-says-dy-cm

States

532 Naxals killed since Jan 2024 in Chhattisgarh, says Dy CM

Chhattisgarh has recorded 532 Naxal deaths, 2,004 arrests and 2,700 surrenders since January 2024, Deputy CM Vijay Sharma said, vowing to eliminate Maoism in the state by March 31, 2026.

News Arena Network - Raipur - UPDATED: February 13, 2026, 04:36 PM - 2 min read

thumbnail image

Representational image.


As many as 532 Naxalites have been killed, 2,004 arrested and 2,700 have surrendered in Chhattisgarh since January 2024, Deputy Chief Minister Vijay Sharma said on Friday, asserting that the state was committed to ending the Maoist menace by March 31, 2026.

Addressing a press conference to highlight the achievements of the Home department, which he heads, Sharma said sustained security operations and rehabilitation measures were yielding significant results in the fight against Left-wing extremism.

“The government's resolve against Naxalism is clear. We are working with full force to ensure that Naxalism is completely eradicated from Chhattisgarh by March 31, 2026,” he said.

Security forces have recovered around 1,100 weapons since January 2024, including AK-47 rifles, INSAS rifles, self-loading rifles, light machine guns, mortars and pistols, he added.

According to Sharma, six Politburo and Central Committee members of the Maoist outfit were killed and two surrendered during the period. “A total of 17 Special Zonal Committee members were killed, seven surrendered and one was arrested during this period,” he said.

Also read: Shah reviews anti-Naxal ops, reiterates March 31 target

He described the rising number of surrenders as “a matter of satisfaction”, noting that he had long awaited the day when surrenders would outnumber arrests. Seven rehabilitation centres are currently operational in the state. Around 1,700 former Naxalites, including 410 women, have completed skill training there, while 232 are undergoing training.

“All surrendered Naxalites are provided welcome kits including mobile phones to help them reconnect with society,” he said, adding that Aadhaar, ration and Ayushman cards are being prepared for them and exposure visits to Raipur are being organised.

Appeals for surrender are being broadcast through radio stations in Jagdalpur, Saraipali and neighbouring states. The government also aims to extend development to every village in Bastar, including schools, electricity, drinking water, hospitals and anganwadis, and ensure implementation of constitutional provisions across the region.

On the Integrated Criminal Justice System (ICJS), Sharma said the Centre had developed a unified digital platform linking police, prosecution, forensic units, courts and prisons. Chhattisgarh was among the first states to implement it, with full rollout in Bilaspur and Durg and statewide expansion planned within six months.

He said 38 cases related to religious conversion were registered between 2001 and 2023, compared to 67 in 2024 and 2025 combined. The state’s Anti-Terrorism Squad, set up in 2016-17, registered its first FIR in 2025 in a case linked to alleged ISIS connections. On illegal immigration, he said 34 persons had been deported so far, with further action underway.

TOP CATEGORIES

  • Nation

QUICK LINKS

About us Rss FeedSitemapPrivacy PolicyTerms & Condition
logo

2026 News Arena India Pvt Ltd | All rights reserved | The Ideaz Factory