News Arena

Home

T20 World Cup

Nation

States

International

Politics

Defence & Security

Opinion

Economy

Sports

Entertainment

Trending:

Home
/

man-who-offered-rs-2-lakh-to-kill-mohammad-deepak-traced

States

Man who offered Rs 2 lakh to kill Mohammad Deepak traced

The accused, Utkarsh Kumar Singh, a resident of Motihari in Bihar, reportedly told police that he posted the message on social media only to increase his followers.

News Arena Network - Dehradun - UPDATED: February 10, 2026, 02:36 PM - 2 min read

thumbnail image

Representational image.


The man who allegedly offered a prize of Rs 2 lakh for killing gym owner Deepak Kumar, popularly known as ‘Mohammad Deepak’, in a case linked to a shop name dispute here has been identified, police official said.

 

The accused, Utkarsh Kumar Singh, a resident of Motihari in Bihar, reportedly told police that he posted the message on social media only to increase his followers.

 

Kumar shot into spotlight after he confronted Bajrang Dal activists who had gathered outside a clothing shop to pressurise its owner to change the name of the shop. During the incident, Deepak Kumar introduced himself as ‘Mohammad Deepak’, after which the protesters dispersed.

 

Police said Kumar filed a complaint at Kotdwar Police Station on Sunday, alleging that an unidentified person was offering a Rs 2 lakh prize on social media for his killing.

 

Taking the matter seriously, police registered a case against the unknown accused under Section 351 (3) of the Bharatiya Nyaya Sanhita (BNS) and started a probe.

 

Using technical surveillance and other inputs, police traced the identity of Singh. With the help of Bihar Police, he was taken to a police station near his residence for questioning.

 

During questioning, the accused allegedly said his social media following was not increasing, while Kumar was trending online. He stated that he posted the message only to increase the reach and views of his social media channel and had no criminal intent.

 

Police said necessary legal action is being taken against Singh in the case.

 

A Special Investigation Team (SIT) is also identifying those involved in the protests outside the clothing store last month, using videos and photographs gathered from various sources. Of the nearly 40 protesters, nearly 15 have been identified and notices are being issued to them, police said.

 

Kotdwar Additional Superintendent of Police Chandra Mohan Singh said the situation in the town was peaceful and that social media platforms were being closely monitored.

 

Also Read: ‘Mohammad Deepak’ declines Rs 2 lakh reward, says help needy

TOP CATEGORIES

  • Nation

QUICK LINKS

About us Rss FeedSitemapPrivacy PolicyTerms & Condition
logo

2026 News Arena India Pvt Ltd | All rights reserved | The Ideaz Factory