News Arena

Home

ipl 2026assembly-elections

Nation

States

International

Politics

Defence & Security

Opinion

Economy

Sports

Entertainment

Trending:

Home
/

nia-files-7-500-page-chargesheet-in-red-fort-car-blast-case

States

NIA files 7,500-page chargesheet in Red Fort car blast case

Investigators said the blast occurred on November 10, 2025, and was carried out using a high-intensity Vehicle-Borne Improvised Explosive Device (VBIED). The explosion also caused significant damage to nearby public property and infrastructure. The agency filed the chargesheet before the Special NIA Court at the Patiala House Courts in New Delhi.

News Arena Network - New Delhi - UPDATED: May 14, 2026, 12:56 PM - 2 min read

thumbnail image

Representational image.


The National Investigation Agency (NIA) on Thursday filed a massive 7,500-page chargesheet against 10 accused in the Delhi car explosion case near the Red Fort, which claimed 11 lives and left dozens of others injured, officials said.

 

Investigators said the blast occurred on November 10, 2025, and was carried out using a high-intensity Vehicle-Borne Improvised Explosive Device (VBIED). The explosion also caused significant damage to nearby public property and infrastructure. The agency filed the chargesheet before the Special NIA Court at the Patiala House Courts in New Delhi.


The accused have been booked under various provisions of the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act (UAPA), Bharatiya Nyaya Sanhita (BNS), Explosive Substances Act, Arms Act, and the Prevention of Damage to Public Property Act.

 

Investigators revealed that all the accused were allegedly associated with Ansar Ghazwat-ul-Hind (AGuH), an affiliate of Al-Qaeda in the Indian Subcontinent (AQIS), which was declared a terrorist organisation by the Ministry of Home Affairs in 2018.

 

The accused named in the chargesheet include Aamir Rashid Mir, Jasir Bilal Wani, Dr Muzamil Shakeel, Dr Adeel Ahmed Rather, Dr Shaheen Saeed, Mufti Irfan Ahmad Wagay, Soyab, Dr Bilal Naseer Malla, and Yasir Ahmad Dar. Proceedings against the alleged mastermind, Dr Umer An Nabi of Pulwama, who died in the blast, have been proposed to be abated.

 

Dr Umer, who was associated with Al-Falah University in Faridabad, Haryana, was identified through DNA fingerprint analysis conducted during the investigation.

 

The interstate terror module spanned multiple states, including Jammu and Kashmir, Delhi, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Maharashtra, and Gujarat.

 

According to the chargesheet, 588 witnesses, around 400 documentary records, and over 200 seized material exhibits have been included in the case. Eleven accused have been arrested so far, and further investigation is underway to trace remaining links in the conspiracy.

 

Also read: Intel warns of possible IED blast in Delhi; security beefed up

TOP CATEGORIES

  • Nation

QUICK LINKS

About us Rss FeedSitemapPrivacy PolicyTerms & Condition
logo

2026 News Arena India Pvt Ltd | All rights reserved | The Ideaz Factory